"Always give way to ambulance" is what we all are taught but unfortunately, not many follow this advice. In early 2015, it was noticed that the mishaps due to the late arrival of the ambulances carrying patients to the hospitals had risen drastically. This led to a widespread debate and the launch of 'Give Way To Ambulance' campaign which saw volunteers, police and Government coming forward to educate people on the importance of giving way to ambulance in traffic and help in saving lives!


Source

The results were very inspiring. Once we, common citizens, decide to do something no one and nothing can stop us. This became evident to me when a few months back I got stuck in a heavy traffic jam with cars, motorcycles, buses and even trucks lined as far as the eye could see.

It was jam packed with no way to back up and the line was crawling at a snail's pace when, suddenly, I heard the loud wailing siren of an ambulance which, on checking my car's mirror, I saw, was five or seven vehicles behind my car. The siren signalled a patient in transit to the hospital and while I tried taking my car to the side it looked almost hopeless. 

Just when I was starting to feel discouraged, I saw that the vehicles ahead of me had started paving a way for the ambulance to pass, leaving me with enough space that I quickly gave way to it from my side. Withing minutes a long path had been created for the ambulance and as it breezed past me with its screeching siren, I not only felt relief at having done my duty but also felt good that every one of us had, maybe, saved a life that day.

This incident left me feeling good, inspired and hopeful of a future where everyone will look out for each other and even through simple measures like giving way to an ambulance, we all will do something good each day.

This incident was a very small one but still significant because it showed the power of unity and determination. It showed that when we come together to do something, anything is possible. Even a mega traffic jam like this one could not stop us!

The below are some things that we, as motorists, should do when we see an ambulance stuck in traffic:


Source

I pledge to give way to ambulance always and in turn, save lives. Do you?


Source

What is your inspiring story of 2015?

Share and #SpreadTheVibe!


5 comments:

  1. Nice post. I recall this Green Corridor that was created in Chennai, perhaps sometime in 2014/15, to make way for an Ambulance to transport a donor heart from one end of the city to the other. They traveled in 11 minutes flat and the transplant was successful. I agree, making way for Ambulances is a must, regardless of the maddening traffic. Read my post here: http://bit.ly/STVibe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep posting such good and meaningful articles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey keep posting such sensible and significant articles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am extraordinarily affected beside your writing talents, Thanks for this nice share.

    ReplyDelete

 
Top